Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Found and lost

As I scramble away in the middle of exam week, I feel the need for good documentation the first time through a project, even if you fully (and truly) understand the methods used. Memory will fail, and this fact will likely come back to bite you. T.T

In phase 3 of the Portable Canvas project, I had resolved to get the program working on Macs as well as Windows. Now, I'm stuck trying to figure out how to build on said Mac, because I mentioned that I "compiled" MyBrowser for Windows back in phase 1. Does it mean I really compiled it, like I'd compile Firefox with Mozbuild? Does it mean it isn't really compiled, just a bunch of JS files that call XUL functions? I can't even remember the search terms I used to find the XUL documentation anymore.

Alas, agony is the seed of wisdom. If I survive this, good things will come. ^^;;

On the bright side, I've got Canvas 3D examples running on my local machine now... =D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Leonard,

I am a Seneca student pursuing Graduate Certificate in Technical Communication. As part of the program, I am required to create a user guide along with my teammates. Kindly let me know if your project requires user guide documentation to be done.

Drop me a mail at: rajendra.pokle@gmail.com

regards,
rajendra